Tuesday, January 5, 2010

1 PETER 4

Really one verse just jumped all over me from this chapter.
Verse 15
"Bet let none of you suffer as a murder, a thief, an evildoer, or as a busybody in other people's matters."
It went like this in my head:
Don't be a murder - check
Don't be a thief - check
Don't be an evildoer - kinda check
Don't be an busybody in other people's business - whoa - hold the door.
Murderer, thief, evildoer....busybody. Check please.
Back in the day, I liked to be "in the know". I thought I had grown out of that until recently when I realized that desire was still there. To the point I have had to make a conscious choice to stay out of it. I mean an everyday, I will not ask, I will not read blogs or Facebook about it, I will not bring it up or seek it out. It has been hard to be honest. It is a decision I make everyday, sometimes every morning, noon, and night. It has been the best thing for me as well. It is not that I wanted to know to stir up trouble or spread gossip. I wanted to know just to know. To have the knowledge. Remember that tree of knowledge of good and evil? I know it was Beth Moore who talked about it, and I think it was in her Esther study, but she talked about the fact there are some things we don't need to know, and our desire to know all is something of a prideful god-complex. Sound like anyone we have read about before? Maybe someone who wanted to rule all of Heaven and Earth? The very person we don't want to be like.
So that is what is bouncing around in the noggin' of mine. What is bouncing around in yours?