Wednesday, August 19, 2009

THE HEIR

Day In and Day Out

* Okay before we even start, let me tell you upfront that this week is more for me than for anyone else. Knowing what is about and where I am right now and what I saw today on Life Today, I know He is about to deal with me and get me back on track.
So if at any point in time you feel it is too hard for you then know that is was probably meant just as much for me.
No condemnation .....Just conviction to get it straightened back out:o)
Okay here we go!


This week we are going to look at the life of Christ. What did He choose to do? How did He choose to live?

1. Look up Luke 2:51-52. What do these verses say about Jesus while He was growing up?

The Bible does not tell us a lot about the childhood of Jesus, very little to be truthful. These verses, however, give us a small glimpse. He submitted to His earthly parents. He must have respected authority - I don't know many disrespectful people who "increase in favor with God and men".
What I would like to present to you is that while Christ was growing up - He did what He was supposed to do-day in and day out. Christ obviously knew who He was. Verse 50 of the same chapter finds Him as a 12 year old, in the temple, both listening and asking questions. When Mary and Joseph found Him. He made the statement that He was "about His Father's business". At any point in time He could have called down the heavens to do His bidding, yet He chose to continue the path laid out for Him.
The question is two fold:
First, are we confident in who we are in Christ? Do we know who we are in the family of God?
Second, are we doing what we need to do both day in and day out?

We are going to address the first one today. I am going to give you some scriptures to look up. I want you to jot them down and meditate (think about them) today as you go through the day. As you go to bed tonight, pray them as a prayer.

Romans 8: 16-17
Romans 8:37-39

Enjoy your day thinking over these and solidifying in your heart who You are in Christ Jesus!

No comments: