Friday, November 12, 2010

DOCTRINE IT'S NOT....

The following will not be supported by any commentary I am pretty sure.
Just how the verse struck me on a particular day.
Whoever falls on that stone will be broken; but whomever it falls, it will grind him to powder.
Luke 20:18 (NKJV)
The stone Christ is talking about is Himself. In the verse above He has quoted Psalm 188:22 back to the people.
I am not going there.
It hit me this way....
When I fall on Jesus, I will be broken.
My heart will be shattered for anyone else but Him.
My pride will be broken.
My life as I knew it will be broken.
My chains will be broken.
A million pieces I will become.
Pieces He will restore.
Pieces He will put back together.
Being broken because I fell upon Jesus is a good thing.
Maybe even a desired thing.
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, A broken and contrite heart-These, O God, You will not despise.
Psalm 51:17 (NKJV)
The other option is when Christ falls on me.
Then I am crushed.
I am devastated.
I am ground into powder.
Christ will only let me live in my sin for so long.
Then He will put His foot down.
May not be until the end, but He will.
The enemy of our soul will be crushed.
Saul was crushed.
The rich young man was crushed.
The better choice is to throw myself on the Rock of Christ Jesus and be broken.
We, I, don't always make the better choice.
Sometimes we become so hard breaking won't work.
We can still have hope.
In Christ Jesus, we are not crushed. (2 Corinthians 4:8)
Saul becomes Paul.
In Christ Jesus, we can be put back together again.
Pieces or powder.
Our God can restore us.
So, if you are aware enough to make the choice, choose to be broken.
Deliberately.
If you weren't or aren't, and you find yourself crushed, do not despair.
Jesus is still there.
Let Him have the dust that remains from your life.
He can breathe life into it again. (Gen. 2:7).
He can deliver you.
Whole.
Complete.
New.