"These are the nations the Lord left to test all those Israelites who had not experienced any wars in Canaan (He did this only to teach warfare to the decedents of the Israelites who had not had previous battle experience)...And they were left, that He might test Israel by them, to know whether they would obey the commandments of the Lord, which He had commanded their fathers by the hand of Moses."
Judges 3:1-2,4 (NIV)
I have spent days trying to think of what to say with these verses. What clever opening can I use? What examples can I share from my own life? How can I relate it to you in a blog?
What I came to realize this morning was the fact I can't say it any better than the Word does.
So I will give you my two cents:
1. Some stuff, or people, are left in your life to prepare you for warfare. Not with them, but with our real enemy.
2. You are not going to get through this walk with Christ without engaging in spiritual warfare. If you have so far, maybe time for a gut check.
3. Some battles, as much as we hate to think of them as so, are tests. Tests to see if we will stick with the plan.Tests to see if you and I will stay faithful to Christ Jesus when things get hard or scary.
I guess here is my point. Look at your life today. Whatever you are battling may just be a strategic skirmish to help prepare you for warfare. It is beneficial. It is purposeful. Yep, it may be difficult, but most battles are. Stay in there. Stand your ground. Wield your sword. (Ephesians 6)
He is deliberate in preparing you. Be deliberate in letting Him.
He trains my hands for battle, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze. Psalm 18:34 (NASB)

1 comment:
good stuff - great perspective and really needed right now - thanks
Post a Comment