Thursday, July 21, 2011

REJECTING WHAT I KNOW...

My people are destroyed for a lack of knowledge.
Because you have rejected knowledge;
I also will reject you from being priest for Me;
Hosea 4:6a (NKJV)
WARNING! WARNING! Complete Rhonda thinking things out post ahead...Enter at your own risk.
Heard it a million times. Destroyed for a lack of knowledge. Cure, or preventative measures, for that....get knowledge of God. Get knowledge of Christ.
Rejecting knowledge though? I am thinking that is a different ball game. It is one thing for me to just not know. It is completely different when I know and I don't do. I reject the knowledge He has given me. Reject. As in my way is better than Yours Lord, and I am just not going to __________ like You told me to. You fill in your own blank.
Yep. That is a whole new deal right there.The question is how many times have I done just that? More than I care to count. More recent than I want to recall. Do I still have some things I am pretending I didn't hear Him about?
And when I do that, He rejects me from being priest. Not that I am rejected. That won't happen. But the ability for Him to use me to minister to others, that gets shutdown maybe? My ability to serve Him fully in impaired.
A lack of knowledge is not often deliberate. A continued lack could be. A rejection of knowledge is a choice I make. A deliberate choice.
The good thing about choice is when you have chosen wrong, the next chance you get you can choose right.
I can choose to not reject the knowledge Christ has provided.
I can choose to submit to that knowledge.
I can be deliberate about making my decisions based upon that and not my own knowledge.
I don't think it will be easy.
I am willing to bet it will come up soon.
I can guarantee that it will go against everything my flesh wants to do.
So I must be deliberate.
In order to be deliberately delivered.

No comments: