1. Read Luke 7:36-38
She has heard Jesus is in town. She knew He was dining with the Pharisee. She has gone home, gathered her flask and her nerve. Now she is outside the door to the Pharisee's house waiting to go in.
Have you ever been in a school production? A band concert, a play or an athletic event? Remember what it felt like waiting to come out? Anxious, nervous, and excited are the tip of the iceberg. We talked yesterday about her emotions while deciding what she would do. I would like to believe that as she walked toward the Pharisee's house she became more confident in her decision. Each step gave her more confidence in this Jesus. Boldness to walk through those doors welled up within her.
I have felt like that at times with Christ. When I have chosen to follow what I believed God was calling me to do, I got a little bolder on His behalf with each step I took (writing this is a prime example).
2. Write down a description of a time when you experienced a boldness coming upon you as a result of walking in faith?
The curtain is up, the stage lights are on, and you have run through the tunnel. Now you stand exposed to all who came to see. This is our girl. She made her move. Although no one came to see her, you can bet the saw her! They took notice of her the moment she moved.
Now according to Christ, she moved when He arrived (verse 45). She had a one track mind. I know if it were me I'd be telling myself:
just look at Him
just look at Him
I know if I looked at anyone else my nerve would be shot! Their condemning glances would drive me right back to the darkness I was trying to escape. These were, after all, the religious leaders of the day, important people that knew what was right and proper.
Praise God she never backed down. She walked right up to Christ, and then the floodgates opened.
* Because of the length of today's section, I am going to break it up into two parts. Just let your mind dance around the picture we have so far.
See you tomorrow:)

No comments:
Post a Comment