1 Chronicles 5:24
Sounds like a great group of guys doesn't it?
Men of valor.
Brave and courageous men.
Famous men.
Every person in the tribe knew about them.
Street recognition most definitely.
Heads of their fathers' houses.
The men in charge.
The men other men came to for advice and guidance.
The authority of that house.
The men with the power.
Who wouldn't want to be them?
And they were unfaithful to the God of their fathers, and played the harlot after the gods of the peoples of the land, whom God had destroyed before them.
1 Chronicles 5:25I don't want to be them.
Their unfaithfulness led to captivity.
Not just for them but for their entire tribe.
When I find myself desiring the riches of this world (even within the church)- fame, position, money- whatever- this verse serves as a reminder as to what the main thing is. When I find myself looking at others, thinking how great they are or their life is, I need to remember that what I see is a first glance. I need to make sure I look deeper to see where their faithfulness lies. Not to judge them, but to be aware for myself in order to avoid becoming a captive with them. I need to, by the help of the Holy Spirit, strive to make sure that when people take a second look at me and my life, they see faithfulness as well, because I don't want to be responsible for leading them into captivity either.

1 comment:
Amen!! that is a good word - thanks for the reminder
Post a Comment