Monday, May 31, 2010

MULTITUDE OF ANXIETIES

I have battled anxiety for a few years now. Early on it was pretty bad. Now, it is just every once in a while, and I can usually tell when it is coming on. I know the cues for what sets it off. There are a couple of things that are sure fired triggers. I also know what reigns it in- for me it is scripture. I have a spiral set of "go to" index cards when I feel it building up. It is actually my second set because I gave the first one away:)
One of things I hate about anxiety is the feeling of being out of control. I can't control what is going on around me, so my mind and my body try to physically go out of control as well. I hate the shaky, nervous feeling anxiety brings with it. I also hate feeling like I am the only one. I know I am not, but when it hits, I kinda feel isolated.
In my quiet time the other day, I found this verse-
In the multitude of my anxieties within me,
Your comforts delight my soul.
Psalm 94:19
Now I have researched anxiety in my Strong's Concordance and managed to miss this verse.
I can not tell you how it comforted me to know the psalmist not only had one area of anxiety, but a multitude. Can I get a witness? Anxieties that he takes ownership of. They are not God's anxieties.
God brings a multitude of comforts.
For each and every anxiety I have, He has an answer.
That does delight my soul!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Amen - i like the statement "God brings a multitude of comforts." that He does - He keeps my mind at peace when it is on Him