I have been reading about the temple Solomon built for the Lord. The great detail with which everything was made. The great detail that is recorded in the book of 1 Kings and in 2 Chronicles. How every little thing was planned for and designed by God. Even the smallest thing. I often wonder why God had the specifics recorded with such great accuracy. Why do I need to know how many cubits the vestibule was or how each cart was made?
I think one of the reasons why is that we don't forget we serve the God of details, even the smallest ones. Yes He sees the big picture, but that doesn't overshadow the details. He is all about the details.
1 Corinthians 3:16 reminds us that we are the temple of the Spirit of God. Just as God planned for and designed the very details of Solomon's temple, He has planned for and designed the details of you. From that freckle that you hate to those dimples you love, He has cared for them all. He sees the big picture He has for us physically, mentally , emotionally and spiritually, but don't think for a second He has left the details for you to work out. He hasn't. He is on top of each and everyone of them. Are we co-laborers in building our temple? You bet, just as Solomon was with his temple. But we are not left to sort out the details on our own. He has the specifics. He has a plan.
A plan that is for your good.
Because you and I were deliberately delivered.
And that is a detail we must not overlook.
Be blessed dear ones.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow! That was wonderful! It really spoke to me. I have always wondered that very thing...why do I need to know all the small things...but then now after reading this it reminds me of how much I love the "small" things! GOD does too!:) Thanks for sharing this :)
~Jo Williams
Very thought provoking. This is worth chewing about for a while to remind us of his Plan for us. Thanks, Rhonda.
Amen - what a great picture of God's design - not just for His temple but for us and His Word!
Post a Comment