Before we start our next book I wanted to share with you a book I am reading right now. It is written by David Nasser and is titled A Call to Grace (a 39 day look at how the grace-filled life is not about doing but about being...). My friend Lisa gave it to me years ago. We were supposed to go through it together, but stuff happened and we didn't. God's timing is perfect and I have picked it up again. It is a very interactive book. Questions, journaling, FASTING! Nasser asks the reader to fast from some "unnecessary daily activity". Facebook was on the chopping block. So for 2 days I have not logged onto facebook, and hopefully for 37 more I won't. I still get emails so if someone sends me a message that requires attention I can, but for the normal stuff I am not responding. It will 2010 before I log back on...w.o.w.
As someone who battles "being good enough" and "following all the rules" I am pretty sure this book is going to rock my world. I hope it does. I hope it draws me closer to the Lord and helps me cast off the "sin which so easily ensnares" me.(Hebrews 12:1 NKJV)
The first line of Day 1 really has me thinking. Four little words... Become who you are. Nasser says it is pretty much the point of the book. Become who you are in Christ Jesus. Become the person God has created you to be. Become the person He has called you to be. Become. Ever changing, alive, growing. Present tense. Now.
I am working on it. Becoming the wife I am created to be. Becoming the mama I am meant to be. Becoming the sister, friend, daughter, and woman God desires for me to be.
So, I will let you know occasionally how it goes.
Hope you have a great weekend. Fellowship with your church family. Don't have one...go find one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
sounds like a great book - and one you may need to share when you are done :)
become who you are - hmm, that deserves some pondering
Post a Comment