Wednesday, January 6, 2010

WRAPPING UP 1 PETER

"Therefore humble yourselves
under the mighty hand of God,
that He may exalt you
in due time,
casting all your care
upon Him,
for He cares for you."
1 Peter 5: 6-7
NKJV
Many of us, if not all of us, have things we want to accomplish. It could be professionally in your career of choice. It could personally. It could be in ministry. I know I have things I want to do. Things I want to accomplish. This I know. If I try to do what I want to do without God, I will fail. Oh sure I may accomplish what I set out to do, but it will still be a failure. It will be lacking. It will not be all I thought and hoped it would be. To be successful at anything, and I mean truly successful, God has to have done it. I have to lay it down before Him, give it over to Him, and let Him work it out. That goes for my work, my marriage, my kids, my ministry should there be one. Does not mean I am not an active participant or that I am not walking through doors He opens. I am just not busting my way through them or sneaking in. I am seeking Him and His guidance when to step and when to stop. It can be very frustrating and feel out of reach at times. That is okay. The rest of the verse tells me what to do with that. Cast my cares upon Him. Tell Him. Cry to Him. Vent to Him. MAINLY go to HIM. He can handle it. He wants to handle it. He cares about handling it.
So whatever you hope to accomplish, lay it down before God. Humble yourself and let Him open the way. Move when He says move and be still when He says be still. You have to be listening though. He tends not to scream. He tends to whisper.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

so true - learning this afresh these days