Tuesday, July 14, 2009

THE HOMEMAKER

AS FOR ME...

So sorry this is so late in the day- busy morning. Okay- have all you need? Then let's get going!

1. Read Joshua 24:1-13. What do these versus give an account of?
The Lord was using Joshua to remind the people of Israel of all He had done for them. To remind them of His deliverance, provision and protection.
2. Reflect back over the past year and list what God has done for you. (He has done something I promise!)
3. Now read verses 14 -15 of the same chapter. Focus in on the last sentence of verse 15 (underline it if you are so inclined).
That short phrase, "As for me..", is the topic of our study. What are you and I going to do individually?
It is no wonder Joshua made his declaration after giving such a speech in the previous verses. I don't know about you, but when I take the time to list all Christ has done for me I fell a little holy fire start to stir. A holy excitement and a humbling gratitude. I am sure Joshua felt the same. Looking back over how God had moved in their lives, I am sure he thought, " I don't know or care what you guys are doing, but me & mine, we are going with God!"
Notice he did not simply say "as for my house...". Joshua started with "as for me". Would you not agree that it does start with us as individuals? I must choose myself to follow Christ before I can expect anyone else to. So that leads to the question:
What am I doing to follow Christ?
4. Take some time and think about the things you do in your own life to follow after God.
The list is not a ego booster. It is not a finger pointer. It is intended to have you & I to take an honest look at the decisions we are making daily.
We will pick up tomorrow with some practical suggestions we can implement into our daily lives. I would love to hear what you do that is special to you and the Father.

No comments: