Thursday, July 16, 2009

THE HOMEMAKERS

HOUSEHOLD

1. Read Joshua 24:15.
We all have a "house", hopefully, of some sorts. May be an actual house, may be an apartment, may be a room in another house, may be a cot on the floor of someone's house, but we have a space, regardless of size, that is ours. The questions today is, "What am I doing with that little space, the people and the things in it, to serve the Lord?"
I am blessed to have a house that I share with my husband and 2 boys. It is a struggle at times, okay many times, to remember that my house is the number one place where I serve the Lord. How I speak and act toward the men in my house is the first example people look at to see if I am really following Christ. I guarantee you at times (many times) someone peeking in would have said I wasn't.
However, I can choose to start today and so can you. I can ask forgiveness, repent and turn form my sin, and make the conscious decision to guard my mouth and my heart better.
One of the first things I can do in my "house" to follow God is to show unconditional love to those in it. I can love them with the love of Christ regardless. Easier said than done - you bet. Are there people who make it very difficult, if not impossible, to love them? I am sure there are.
** Disclaimer: I am not talking about a situation that is dangerous to you health or anyone else's. Get out and get help fast. I am talking about the people who tick us off because they constantly leave the lid off the milk, because the make poor decisions that involve us all.
I am one of those people that is hard to love somedays. This is where choice comes in. I will choose to love them. Christ loved His persecutors, and asked the Father for their forgiveness. He chose to do this with His dying breath and we can chose to do it with ever living one of ours.
Think of the person in your house that makes it hard to love them? Write down a prayer for them now. Ask the Lord to give you His love for them. If you have had a hard heart toward them, ask for forgiveness and for God to open you eyes to see them in truth & love. You will blessed, I promise!

No comments: