Tuesday, December 8, 2009

JAMES 1

Nothing like diving from the frying pan into the fire. From Hebrews to James. Here are some thoughts on James 1.
1. God does allow the testing of our faith....uhm see Job... and it matures me.
2. I cannot waiver between belief and unbelief. I will not survive, much less thrive, as a Christian if I do.
3. Temptation is from within. I make the final decision as to if I will sin or not.
4. Verse 26 - If I think if myself as religious and can't or don't bridle my tongue, I deceive myself and my religion is useless. W-O-W!
5. Part of my pure religion is to keep myself unspotted from the world. I am concerned about our generation and culture. It appears to me that we are willing to look a whole lot like the world to save the world, and somewhere in the mix, we all get lost.

Your turn.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I agree.

and the bridling the tongue part gets me, every time - it reminds me of Ephesians 4:29 - let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth - that word corrupt means useless - just like my 'religion' if i don't bridle my tongue, or more accurately, let God do it

Rhonda said...

Let God bridle your tongue?

Rebecca said...

yeah - look in James 3 v.8 "But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison." I have to bring my whole body under the control of the Holy Spirit - my mind must be renewed so that I have the mind of Christ, so, when the Holy Spirit controls me, He controls my tongue as well

i may not be making this clear - I still have to choose to be obedient and be submissive before God