Thursday, December 10, 2009

JAMES 3

I am going to have to re-read James 3. I read it a couple of times yesterday, but I feel there is more than what I am seeing. Yesterday, I got this-
1. When I become mature in Christ, I can bridle my whole body (mouth and all). By His strength and my willingness it can be done. My willingness is a big part. I know there have been times when I knew to keep my mouth shut, and forged ahead anyway. There have also been times when I needed to speak and fear kept me silent. Willingness to obey, regardless of the cost.

A side note, unity of the body is on my mind today. Not uniformity, but unity. That we can agree to disagree and still love and respect one another. Heavy on my heart today. What thoughts do you have on the topic?
Have a great Thursday!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

so is this unity thing because of what I said about the tongue? hmm.....

James 3 is a tail-kicker

my tongue gets me in more trouble - many times, like a horse, I need a bit in my mouth :)

v. 13-16 - my study notes say that the word 'strife' in 14 and 16 means 'self-seeking' - oh my, my words are so often self-seeking, especially the cutting ones

Rhonda said...

Yes you have deeply offended me and I am choosing to love you any way:)No.... it is not you. It is all of us. To agree to disagree without all the drama and anger and hurt and trash talking etc. I am chief among these.